Frequently Asked Questions

A Selection Of Questions And Answers

Q - Do you offer a guaranteed pass?

A - No one can guarantee you will pass a CBT course or full licence test.  There are no guarantees in life, students ride for themselves during their test - only they can determine if they pass or not.

Q- Are there any hidden charges?

A - No, At 1st Class we believe in the honest approach, all our prices include bike hire and insurance, and safety equipment
is available to borrow at no extra charge. 
All prices quoted for a bike course will always be the price you pay we will never surprise you with additional costs or hidden charges. We will however match any offer or any course offered by any other local training school.

Q - What is a CBT and how long is it valid for?

A -  CBT stands for compulsory basic training, this is a one day course which is required by law to be completed in order
for you to be able to ride unaccompanied on the road. CBT certificates are valid for 2 years

Q - Can I ride any bike I like on/after a CBT course?

A -  At the age of 16 you can only  ride a 50cc scooter or motorcycle, from the age of 17 you can choose to ride either a
 50cc or a 125cc  scooter or motorcycle. Students can use their own bike or bikes are available to hire from 1st Class.

Q - What happens if I cant find my CBT certificate?

A - Don't worry we can issue you with a duplicate certificate for a small fee.

Q - What type of licence to I need?

A - At age 16 you will need a provisional driving licence with category 'p' on it to ride a 50cc scooter, from age 17 or over
you will need a provisional driving licence with category 'p' on it to ride a 50cc scooter, or category 'a' to ride a 125cc
scooter or motorcycle.
If you have a full car driving licence this must either have one of the above categories on depending
on what you wish to ride or you must apply for a provisional motorcycle licence.

Application forms can be obtained from most post offices


More F.A.Q's

Q - What is a theory test?


A -  A theory test comprises of multiple choice questions and hazard perception clips, this must be passed before you
can take an A1/A2 or DAS practical test.


Your Theory test can be arranged by telephoning the DSA on 0870 0101372
or you can book online by clicking here


Q - How many days training do I need for my test?


A - It is always wiser to allow more time to complete your training so always book more days training then required as
we will happily refund any training days not needed.


Q - Do you provide car driving lessons?


A - No, we only specialise in motorcycle training; we leave the car lessons to the car driving specialists.


We are happy to recommend:- Paul Abery who you can contact on 07813440873 or visit his website at


Q - Do you do motorbike repairs and servicing?


A - No, we only specialise in motorcycle training although we have a fully qualified mechanic on site we leave customer
repairs and servicing to the professionals.


We are happy to recommend:- 2 Wheel Technics who you can contact on 01752 251999


If you have any other questions you'd like to ask us, then please feel free to contact us on 01752 339050, or email us at , or you can use our contact page by clicking Here